Who is the CAG?
The Southern Metropolitan Regional Council (SMRC) Community Advisory Group, (the CAG) is an independent group of community volunteers (residents) from SMRC member councils, established to help increase community understanding of the importance of waste, recycling, and greater awareness of the activities of the SMRC.
The CAG is a valued advisor to the SMRC.
Why are we here?
The CAG seeks to engage behavioural change with respect to waste and recycling by residents in the south metropolitan region for a more sustainable community.
The SMRC Community Advisory Group (CAG) aims to:
- Gather community feedback and suggestions to assist the SMRC with its operations and decision making.
- Increase community understanding of the importance of resource recovery
- Help the SMRC to respond more effectively to issues concerning waste management
- Promote effective management of RRRC operations to benefit residents.
What the CAG does
- The CAG meets regularly between February and November and members also participate in Regional Council workshops.
- Members take part in community events and are always willing to listen to residents’ questions and comments concerning waste, recycling, and sustainability
Contact us, have your say, or join the CAG contact:
SMRC CAG Chair: Mr Norm Holtzman
Deputy Chair: Ms Durga Sharma
write: SMRC Community Advisory Group PO Box 1501, Booragoon WA 6154
Or find the CAG on Facebook under Recycle Right Now with SMRC CAG.
For more information: