• Part-time position, 3 days per week
• Booragoon Location
A suitably qualified and experience person is required at SMRC’s Corporate Office in Booragoon.
• Responsible for payroll preparation, accounts receivable and payable functions.
The Successful Candidate:
• TAFE Certificate 1V in Financial Services Accounting or relevant work experience.
• Minimum two years’ experience in corporate accounting position.
• Proficient in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Hold a current C Class drivers’ licence
This part time position offers a competitive salary, including the opportunity to earn up to 14½% employer’s superannuation.
Interested applicants should obtain an information package by clicking the link below, alternatively by phoning Ms Jasmine Lim on 08 9329 2700
Casual Community Waste Education Officer
• Part Time Casual Position
• Location – Booragoon
The Southern Metropolitan Regional Council (SMRC) has an exciting opportunity for a number of highly motivated and suitably qualified Community Waste Education Officers to assist in the delivery of an educational behaviour change program, as part of an innovative project.
Responsibilities of the position include the implementation of a bin auditing and education program as part of a new collection system, conducting visual inspections of residents’ bins and providing feedback at the kerbside.
A strong community focus, empathy for environmental concerns and excellent communication skills are required as the successful applicants will be interacting with members of the community.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
• Developed oral and written communication skills.
• Empathy with resource recovery, climate change and issues.
• Capable of working within time constraints to achieve goals and objectives.
• Ability to work in a busy team environment.
• Moderate level of physical fitness.
• A current Police Clearance.
• Current C Class Drivers Licence.
Work hours will typically be Monday to Friday from 6:00am to 10:30am and may vary throughout the course of the program. The hourly pay rate for this casual position will be $28.00 p/h.
The SMRC values its employees and aspires to be an Employer of Choice.
Interested applicants should obtain an information package by clicking the link below, alternatively by phoning Ms Elizabeth Wilkerson on 08 9329 2700