This information if regarding the current COVID-19 lockdown in the Perth, Peel and South-West areas of WA from 6pm on Sunday 31 January until 6pm on Friday 5 February 2021.
The Southern Metropolitan Regional Council (SMRC) continues to monitor and act on the advice of the Southern Metropolitan Regional Council (SMRC) continues to monitor and act on the advice of the WA State Government, WA Department of Health and the Australian Government’s Department of Health.
The following changes to our operations are currently in place at the RRRC and administrative building in Booragoon.
- All waste collections are continuing as normal. The Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) at the Regional Resource Recovery Centre (RRRC) in Canning Vale is still receiving recyclables for sorting and processing. The RRRC Green Waste Facility is also receiving green waste for mulching. The FOGO material is being pre-screened at the RRRC and then sent onto a composting facility for further processing.
- The wearing of masks is mandatory at all sites.
- We no longer accept cash for those entering the RRRC to dispose of green waste. Payment is by CARD ONLY.
- We ask that no unauthorised personnel visit either the RRRC or Booragoon site without prior arrangement. All face-to-face meetings will be held online if possible.
- We have allocated two toilets for use by contractors and truck drivers:
– Disabled toilet in the RRRC main admin building
– Upstairs toilet in the MRF building
- Non-SMRC staff are asked not to access the crib rooms.
- There will be routine cleaning of frequently touched services using appropriate disinfectant/wipes.
- There is no overlap of workers on the two shifts at the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) at the RRRC.
- Most of the administrative staff are working from home or on alternate rosters so there are less staff in the workplace.
- During this time there is no access to the recycling drop-off station in the Admin building in Booragoon.
- Waste education activities are currently postponed. This includes:
– All tours of the RRRC. In the meantime, you can take a virtual tour of our Waste operations online.
– All school incursions. We have some online resources already available but stay tuned as we have more coming soon.
It is anticipated that normal operations will resume from Saturday 6 February 2021 if government advice permits.
1 February 2021
Tim Youé, CEO