Community Waste Education Officer
• Part Time Casual Position
• Location – Booragoon
The Southern Metropolitan Regional Council (SMRC) has an exciting opportunity for a number of highly motivated and suitably qualified Community Waste Education Officers to assist in the delivery of an educational behaviour change program, as part of an innovative project.
Responsibilities of the position include the implementation of a bin auditing and education program as part of a new collection system, conducting visual inspections of residents’ bins and providing feedback at the kerbside.
A strong community focus, empathy for environmental concerns and excellent communication skills are required as the successful applicants will be interacting with members of the community.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
• Developed oral and written communication skills.
• Empathy with resource recovery, climate change and issues.
• Capable of working within time constraints to achieve goals and objectives.
• Ability to work in a busy team environment.
• Moderate level of physical fitness.
• A current Police Clearance.
• Current C Class Drivers Licence.
Work hours will typically be Monday to Friday from 6:00am to 11:00am and may vary throughout the course of the program. The hourly pay rate for this casual position will be $28.00 p/h.
The SMRC values its employees and aspires to be an Employer of Choice.
Interested applicants should obtain an information package by clicking the link below, alternatively by phoning Elizabeth Wilkerson on (08) 9329 2700.
Casual Team Leader & Technical Support
The Southern Metropolitan Regional Council is seeking an enthusiastic person with experience in plant operations and continuous process systems as a team leader.
Located in Canning Vale, the primary objective of this role is to assist with the operations of the Materials Recovery facility ensuring that production, quality and maintenance goals are achieved.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
• Sound analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-motivated and results orientated, demonstrating initiative in the achievement of objectives
• Computer literate
• Leadership skills and ability to develop team culture
• Working knowledge of safe work practises
• Sound mechanical aptitude
• Holder of a current ‘C’ Class drivers’ licence
Desirable are possession of a Forklift and Front-End Loader ticket, and workplace trainer / assessor qualifications.
The hourly pay rate for this casual position will be $40.06 p/h plus allowances; together with the opportunity for frequent overtime is available.
This relatively new Materials Recovery Facility presents the most recent developments in recycling technology. The SMRC values its employees and aspires to be an employer of choice.
Interested applicants should obtain an information package by clicking the link below, alternatively by phoning Ms Glenda Kennison on 0406 726 001.