• Full Time Position, with flexible hours (38 hours per week) around tour groups, incursions and events including some weekend work
• Locations – Canning Vale and Booragoon
The Southern Metropolitan Regional Council (SMRC) is seeking an enthusiastic person to plan and implement waste education programs and provide guided tours at the Regional Resource Recovery Centre.
This position will plan, develop, maintain and implement waste education programs (with the ‘Recycle Right’ brand) for external parties, including the SMRC community, schools and community groups. This includes waste education workshops and activities at the RRRC, school incursions and attendance at community events. You will assist in the development of educational resources and implement community engagement strategies in line with organisation’s overarching strategic plans.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
• Experience in planning and delivering education programs to the community
• Experience in education or training role
• Developed verbal skills; public speaking, customer service and public relations and developed written skills
• Proficient in the use of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of the safety principles and practices relating to visitors on an industrial working site
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Capacity to develop and implement work programs
• Effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Desirable demonstrated experience in tour guide role
• Desirable knowledge of waste disposal and recycling practices and processes and empathy/enthusiasm with environmental concerns
• Provide a current Working with Children card and Police Clearance
• Current C Class Drivers Licence
This full-time position offers a competitive salary including the opportunity to earn up to 14.5% employer superannuation. The SMRC values its employees and aspires to be an Employer of Choice.
Interested applicants should obtain an information package by clicking the link below, alternatively by phoning Ms Jasmine Lim on 08 9329 2700